School of Business Mission Statement
In support of the University Mission, the School of Business provides high-quality undergraduate and graduate business education to students from Pennsylvania and the broader region. The school focuses on student learning and the development of skills that prepare them for the demands of the global business environment. The School strives to be a critical component of the economic fabric of the region through efforts that connect the School with the local and regional community. Given its emphasis on quality teaching, the School encourages faculty to engage in scholarly activities related to their field of expertise, teaching and community issues
The WCU MBA program provides businesses and non-profits with managers who are able to:
- Critically analyze and identify business problems and opportunities;
- Use quantitative methods and technology to support problem analysis and decision-making;
- Use and communicate information to influence an organization;
- Build teams, empower colleagues, and motivate subordinates within an organization;
- Integrate decision-making across all business functions to develop effective strategies; and
- Understand the importance of ethical decision-making.
These skills and abilities are achieved within the following Learning Goals of the WCU MBA:
- Communication Skills - Students should be able to communicate business information.
- Knowledge - Students will understand basic business terminology and concepts.
- Information Literacy/Critical Thinking - Students will be able to critically analyze and identify business problems and opportunities
- Teamwork - Students will be able to build teams, and motivate subordinates within an organization.
- Ethics - Students will be able to understand the four areas of business ethics - social responsibility, corporate governance, ethical decision making and ethical leadership.
- Business Tools and Processes - Students will be able to use business tools and processes to support problem analysis and decision-making.
- Decision Making - Students will be able to integrate decision making across all business functions to develop effective strategies.
- Satisfaction - Students will exhibit an overall satisfaction of the program, the teaching methods utilized and advising.