Classes for all MBA courses, both hybrid and online, are held over a 7-Week term*. Five 7-Week terms are held per academic year. Additionally:
- Each 7-Week term course is a full 3-credit course. The exception to this schedule is the 1-credit MKT699 Residency Seminar which will be held over a single weekend.
- All in-class courses are presented in a hybrid format with a certain percentage of course work being done online.
- All in-class hybrid courses meet 3 hours per night from 6:00pm to 9:00pm*. This means for hybrid courses there is a total of 21 hours of in-class time with the remainder of the course time being online.
- Online courses are offered entirely online within the 7-Week term.
- Most students should expect to take only one course per 7-Week term. Exception to this are students who are pursuing their degree on a full-time basis.
Students who have experienced the accelerated term format have been extremely enthusiastic regarding the value of this class schedule for a number of reasons. First, students like the fact that such a format allows them to accelerate their degree completion since the WCU MBA offers five different 7-Week terms per year. Second, the 7-Week terms format may be especially attractive to students whose company provides tuition reimbursement plans. Our accelerated schedule along with our highly affordable tuition may stretch the reimbursement further. While each student's situation differs. the 7-Week terms combined with highly affordable tuition rates is an ideal situation for all! Finally, for students taking in-class hybrid courses our 7-Week terms will save you money! Compared to a traditional 15-week academic semester students will be making the trip to the classroom half as many times, thus providing savings on transportation costs.
*Note: An MBA course may also include a final exam which may take place after the 7th week of class.